Sunday, March 23, 2008

Thing17 ELM

The ELM data bases are part of the GRRL system available to the public. I've been trying to find a way to get along with ELM for a number of years with very discouraging results. I feel personally jinxed with these data bases. In my attempts to work through this thing, I find the jinx continues. And I don't want to take the time to find out just where I am going wrong, (I don't dare think it could be that ELM is hard to work with)

There are many resources and tons of information available through ELM and it would be wonderful if more people would make use of it. When I've been able to refer someone needing professional periodical information, they have been so pleased to find it this way. Or even amateur information i.e. consumer information. I can see that having one's personal file to fill with collected information and keeping it on a flash drive would be very handy, and anyone doing research for school or personal use (researching collectibles etc) would find it very helpful.

No comments: