Sunday, March 2, 2008

Thing 8

True to form, the various suggested electronic connections don't quite connect for me. At this point, I feel that exploring them and becoming aware that such things exist is about all I will gain from this exercise. Also, its value in my library setting seems quite limited, as I hardly have time to do the routine checkin/checkout work during this busy time of the year.

I logged onto Lazybase, a supposed easy way to establish your own data base and share it with friends. And I tried uploading photos of a quilt project onto Slide Show, but it refered me to MY Space which is basically ok, except neither site showed my 'slides'. Once again, I don't know what I did wrong, and don't have time or interest to pursue it.

The conclusion I keep coming to is that all these tools are terrific in their own little realm, but where is the TIME to master them, and look at everyone else's creations?

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

It is hard finding time to do things, but this 23 Things is just to get you familiar with these things and check them out to see if later you'd want to invest more time to actually play with them and use them.

So, I think you're doing this exactly as you should be, look at the tools, see what might be useful for you, and later invest your time in using the tools you might want to use.

LeAnn Suchy
CMLE 23 Things Coach