Monday, March 17, 2008

Thing 13 Online productivity tools

These tools are good for folks who love lists and feel they have the time to refer to them. When I started work a thousand years ago, I loved making a list of the tasks I had and crossing them off. What a feeling of accomplishment. Then I realized I spent a great portion of time making the list and got the tasks done just as efficiently without the list. Sheesh!

I looked at igoogle and Yahoo page starts because I have email accounts with both Google and Yahoo. I have no preference, they both are cute, and I will probably play with both.
There are so many tools, calendars widgets etc that are similar. It is too hard to judge which might be useful in a quick scan. Those which charge a fee are definitely less likely to be tried by me. I looked at the Famundo calendar and its demo was pretty impressive. Good application for a family or group.
I signed on to Stikkit, they had a demo of sending meeting reminders/agenda/etc which were appealing. I missed the detail about how to get my info onto the stickies. Go back and start again. Tsk!

Again, using calendars or productivity tools requires taking time to get familiar with the tool and making a point of using it. Not easily come by.

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Yep, time. Grrr, isn't it a beast.

Just figure out which tools might be good for you in the future and keep those in the back of your head for when you do have some time to use them. Explore for now, but don't feel like you have to go really in-depth on all these things. Just explore.

LeAnn Suchy
CMLE 23 Things Coach