Friday, March 28, 2008

Thing 19 Podcasts

Podcasts are interesting--up close and personal, but no picture. Funny to sit at a screen and listen without looking. (I play card games while I listen--something like quilting while I listen to audio books.) I listened to our own Wanda from Upsala talk about being both school and public librarian. The audio quality on this and other podcasts is iffy, with one or other speaker being too loud or too soft.

I find the directories to be confusing. None seem clear on how to search for a topic, but maybe they all need you to subscribe/sign in etc. Yahoo displayed a search screen, which left me out in the cold.

I don't have any desire to podcast but I would like to listen to MPR podcasts regularly. Of course, since they are professionally produced, they are better scripted, have more acceptable audio and are more enjoyable in not more informative.

No comments: