Monday, April 21, 2008

Successful Sale


Our book sale last Thursday and Friday was quite satisfactory.  I did less this time around than ever before.  Yea me!  That means my volunteers and 'friends' did the lion's share of planning, working and getting credit.  Yea them!  And I especially love it that the leftovers are being recycled, not just thrown out.  

The weather has turned around, and we have a  couple of warm, sunny days in a row.  I persuaded my husband to help me make a mini green house out of one of our raised bed gardens and I planted peas, radishes and spinach yesterday.  We'll see.....

I also stripped the paint from a small cupboard built nearly 60 years ago by my dad and used by my older sister and her family.  I intend to use it as a toy cupboard for my granddaughter when I get the many layers of paint off and a fresh coat back on.  I used to really enjoy the process of refinishing furniture, but it seems pretty strenuous now.  Either I have to work on my upper body strength or give it up.  (never!!!)

FOCAL (friend's of the library) meeting tonite. Must plan the annual meeting and summer reading kickoff party.  It's always something.  


1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Congrats on the book sale fundraiser. I hope it went over really well!