Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Book Sale Time


Every spring, we have a fundraiser book sale at the library.  We request donations from the public and usually get a fantastic quantity of books.  This year, we've gotten fewer books overall, but they seem to be a good variety and condition.  I am continually amazed that so many people in this relatively small area have so many good books they are willing to give away, and then they will come and buy more.  The library profits,  as well as serves as a terrific recycling agent.  
For many years, I felt that I was conducting the book sale single handed.  Since our friends group formed, I've had a lot of help, and for the past 2 years, I have done very little work.  It is wonderful to have such dedicated and generous people who are willing to take on the responsibilities.  

Granddaughter is growing up.  She is 10 1/2 months old, and is almost walking.  She feeds herself, knows what toys she wants to play with, and is showing more personality all the time. Her little sibling will arrive in about 4 months and she will become a 'big sister'.  Life will change dramatically then.  I can't wait.  Her parents are trying to prepare themselves, mentally as well as domestically.   Makes me smile.

  

No comments: