Thursday, April 10, 2008

Back at it.

Be courageous. I have seen many depressions in business. Always America has emerged from these stronger and more prosperous. Be brave as your fathers before you. Have faith! Go forward!
Thomas A. Edison

I've been viewing an Apple tutorial in order to get the best use out of my computer. It has been very helpful so far--both in showing what I already know, and some of the finer points that I otherwise would be missing. Many of the tools are similar to things presented in 23 Things, but they are specific to Apple. So I've learned again about widgets, rss feeds and cool uses of calendars.

I also checked my quotations from Thomas Edison, and found this one encouraging in light of the current economic situation. However fearful it seems, we need to go forward as best we can.

Looking forward to the weekend, as my son, daughter in law and granddaughter are coming for dinner. We plan a Chinese menu to honor the Olympic games (not) and hope the weather will allow playing outside for a bit. Baby Thessaly is just over 10 months old, and every day is an adventure. Maybe she will be walking... I begged a family heirloom (a cupboard my dad made for my oldest sister over 50 years ago) to store TessToys for her visit. The cupboard is sturdy, but could use a little help. I'd like to strip and repaint it, but not this weekend. :-)

I have a lunch date or is it called appointment with my supervisor, Bill, tomorrow if he manages the trip thru the snow. A blizzard in April is too much!


No comments: