Friday, February 1, 2008

Thing 3

I've been slowly working through thing 3 and luckily had some tutoring from my son about RSS. I can see how and why this is an excellent resource in managing searching and finding things again. I hope to use it a lot. The greatest advantage, to me, is the ability to view your personal interest sites from any computer and any location. What I need to do now is take the time to find interesting web sites and blogs with which to keep in touch.
In viewing some of the recommended sites by '23 things', I am amazed at the vast amount of information available.


1 comment:

LeAnn said...

RSS feeds are really cool, and my Bloglines account is huge! I have one folder for library blogs, and I swear there are over 40 of them. One folder is for shopping, there are some great blogs out there giving coupons or highlighting great deals online. And then, I of course have the fun folder. Try checking out the blog Boing Boing: http://www.boingboing.net/. They find the most interesting things online and post it...it's a really popular blog. (The RSS feed for it is way at the bottom, if you're interested)

Glad to see you're having fun! I'm a CMLE coach for this, so if you have questions, just ask!