Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Quilt Plans

Now that I am done with my house quilt, I have to find another big project to start.  A group somewhere out East is making quilts for every injured vet of the Iraq war.  I planned to put together a top and send it to them.  (They seem to think that machine quilting is superior to other kinds of finishing--I disagree)  I have been gifted with 2 huge pieces of red fabric and purchased blue and yellow to fill in.  Now I've picked a pattern and find I want some off white to make it real patriotic colors.  I hope to get some at a bargain price...  
Other projects I need to finish or start:  1.  Grandmother's flower shower curtain;  2. fleece projects (another gift of fabric--this time sample swatches too small for anything individually, and too weird to combine, but I'll try); 3.  baby quilts for great nieces Amber and Isabella;  4. scrap bag for Vicki to give to Ben's new girlfriend.  That's all I can think of at the moment.

No comments: